Good Morning Fantastic Families of the Perry K - 6,
We hope you and your family are doing well and that you are having a fantastic summer!! Thank you all for the warm welcome to the Perry Community over the past few months! For those that I haven’t yet met, my name is Andrew Rollins, and I am the new principal of the Perry (you can see the announcement from April here for more information on my background). I am super excited to get started in our work this summer and very much look forward to welcoming your students to our school in just over a month!
As we reach the midway point of summer, I wanted to reach out with a few quick updates:
Fall Return Updates:
● Thursday, September 8th: First day of school for grades 1 - 6
● Friday, September 9th: Kindergarten Welcome Event, details to be determined
● Monday, September 12th: First day of school for K0, K1, K2
● Boston Public Schools Calendar: please see the BPS Calendar here.
● Arrival begins at 9:15 AM each morning, and Dismissal begins at 4:00 PM.
Before/After School 22-23:
● If interested in signing your child up for before/ afterschool programming, please take a
minute to fill out this interest form: Perry Before/ Afterschool Interest Form, and please see
the application (pricing may change based on demand). For any additional
questions, please reach out directly to Ms. Bonnie (our outstanding school secretary and
before/ afterschool director) at email@example.com.
● We are very excited to announce three exceptional new additions to the Perry Team who will be joining us this fall! Please join me in welcoming them to the Perry Community!
● Ms. Shannon Moran will serve as our new fifth and sixth grade ELA teacher. Ms. Moran has been a very highly regarded fifth and sixth grade teacher in BPS for the past eight years at the Winship Elementary School in Brighton and then the Mildred Avenue K - 8 School in Mattapan. Ms. Moran is a lifelong resident of South Boston, a graduate of Boston Latin and has been active in the South Boston Youth Leadership Initiative.