- Perry School
A letter from Mr. Macchi
Dear Perry School Community:
I am writing to you all today to share that I will not be returning to The Perry for the 22-23 School
Year. This decision comes after careful reflection and consideration with my family as I strive to
find a better balance between my personal and professional life. The last four years at The
Perry have meant the world to me. The community has accomplished so much during this time
together such as:
● Vertically Aligned K-6 Literacy and Math Vertical Curriculum
● Deepened community partnerships academically (UMASS-Boston student teacher
program), social emotionally (Doc Wayne recess and Chalk Talk) and artistically (Boston
● Transitioned to a true K-6 Elementary School Community officially and successfully
● Provided all students with inclusive academic (clubs, class:class learning sessions) and
social emotional (recess) opportunities every day
● Empowered student leaders by revitalizing student government and student-led school
initiatives like the Catie’s Closet Holiday Clothing Drive
I share this decision early to allow for ample time for a thoughtful selection process to find the
next Perry School Principal. The Boston Public Schools Central Office Team alongside Dr.
Grace Wai, School Superintendent of the Boston Public Schools, will be working closely with
The Perry School Site Council over the coming weeks to determine the hiring committee and
outline the selection process. I will be as involved in this process as the community would like
me to be.
I am committed to ensuring that the last four months of the 21-22 school year are filled with
academic and social emotional joy for The Perry and will do my part to prepare The Perry for all
the future successes that it is capable of and deserves.
Have a nice February vacation and we will see you on the 28th.